Spinach Blender Muffins
Description: These Spinach Breakfast Muffins are gluten free muffins made with oat flour or almond flour as a wheat substitute. They are sugar free with the exception of the chocolate chips and the honey we added along with the naturally occuring sugar in the 100% orange juice.
1 cup of 100% orange juice
2 cups packed spinach
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup avocado oil or olive oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 ¼ cup raw old-fashioned oats
1 cup almond or oat flour
¼ cup ground flaxseed
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
½ cup chocolate chips
Just swirl in honey and adjust to your liking:)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line 12-count muffin pan with high quality muffin liners.
- In a blender, add Orange Juice, spinach, applesauce, oil and vanilla and blend until spinach is fully pureed.
- Add oats, almond or oat flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda and salt to mixture in blender and pulse until fully mixed, scraping down sides of blender as needed.
- Add eggs and pulse quickly, just until incorporated; taking care not to over-mix.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour muffin batter evenly into 12 muffin cups. Top with additional chocolate chips if desired; bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- Once removed from oven, allow muffins to rest in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to wire drying rack to fully cool before enjoying.